Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Brad the Intern: Talent Acquisition & Dept of Transportation!

Hello Readers,
 
I am finishing up my last rotation here at the State of Indiana.  It has been a nice last couple weeks.  I have been wrapping up several unfinished projects and getting them ready to be handed off to the next intern.  I also snuck in a week at the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT). 

While at INDOT, I assisted in writing a formal standard operating procedure (SOP) for what to do when separating with an employee.  This required a fair amount of research into Indiana’s laws, rules, policies, etc as they related to employee terminations and retirements.  A couple other projects that I worked on involved making screening sets very similar to the ones I made for The Department of Homeland Security and taking the very beginning steps of forming a job description library. 

Then I came back to Talent Acquisition for my final lap.  This week I finished up the offer letters and got them loaded into PeopleSoft.  I also spent a little bit of time working on writing my final two blog posts. And for the first time, I was able to sit in on some interviews.  All in all, I have had a great week.

Stay tuned for my farewell blog post in which I will give out some special thanks. 

Until next time,
Brad the Intern    


No comments:

Post a Comment