Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Michella works with Small Agency Field Ops

For the last two weeks I have been working with the Small Agency Field Operations division and an amazing HR Generalist/Director that supports seven small state agencies. It has been a whirlwind of meetings, navigating hallways, and walking downtown Indy as we moved around the PNC building to the IURC (Indiana Utility Regulatory Commission), OUCC (Office of Utility Consumer Counselor), Gaming divisions, ISMH (Indiana State Museum and Historic Sites), White River State Park, and the Indiana War Memorial Museum. There are so many different elevators and back hallways that take you to different parts of the PNC building and we never stayed in one spot too long. After two weeks I am still not sure if I could find my way on my own!

My biggest project was to help create a cultural climate survey for the Indiana State Museum. ISMHS has just recently restructured and wanted to know how their employees felt about the overall climate of their work environment. With the help of a focus group at ISMHS, I designed and implemented a survey via SurveyMonkey for their staff to take. Once the survey closes, the HR Director will analyze the results and develop an action plan to help strengthen any areas that need developed. I am thrilled that she has asked that I join her in reviewing the results and developing the plan. That means I will get to spend a day or two in November with her.
Another project I was involved in was updating the Indiana Fair Employment posters and OSHA 300 forms for the agencies she works with. There were some new updated guidelines for the posters so we had to make sure that the newest posters were displayed in a common area at the agencies.

Along with being in compliance with the Fair Employment posters and OSHA forms, I was able to update I-9 information to ensure that all agencies were in compliance. What I liked about this project is that I was able to use PeopleSoft to pull current employee information. Any time that I get to spend in PeopleSoft is valuable. Once I had current employee information, I verified that they had the proper forms, documentation, and e-verify on file. I also cleaned up existing forms and moved separated employees into the appropriate binder.

Although we were always on the move and never in the same office for more than a couple of hours, I thoroughly enjoyed visiting the different sites. Being able to see “behind the scenes” at ISMHS, White River State Park, and the Indiana War Memorial Museum was amazing. I even had a personal tour of the Red, White, and Blue room at the Indiana War Memorial by the General himself! I had never been inside of the War Memorial Museum and was thrilled to learn that it is open to the public. If you haven’t had a chance to tour, you must take some time and visit.


For the next two weeks I will be working with the Department of Workforce Development. I am excited to learn more and meet new people!

No comments:

Post a Comment