Thursday, June 2, 2016

SPD Welcomes Intern Payton!

Hello Everyone!

My name is Payton Reardon, and I am the summer intern for the Indiana State Personnel Department (SPD). I am from Avon, Indiana and have lived in Indiana for about 13 years. I will be a junior at Indiana University this coming fall, majoring in Human Resource Management with a minor in Business.  I plan to graduate May of 2018 and pursue a career in Human Resources. After I finally locked down my major in HR, this past year was when I really grew a passion for HR and started searching for internships. I found this summer internship opportunity through the School of Public and Environmental Affair’s career website. What really attracted me to this internship was all the different projects and departments in HR I would be exposed to. During my interview I learned more about the projects I would be doing and the culture I would be exposed to, and I decided it was the perfect summer job for me.

            Looking back at my first two weeks I am amazed at how much I have already learned. Within the first week of this internship I had the opportunity to have multiple meet and greets with the different directors within SPD and learn about what they do. By the second day I already had my first recruiting project in the Talent Acquisition division. During the first two weeks, I also had the opportunity to job shadow the Employee Relations and Benefits division, and through that I was able to meet their teams and learn about their day-to-day schedules.  


            In the two weeks I have been interning at SPD, I already feel like I have learned so much. It has been satisfying to be able to use what I have learned in classes and bring that knowledge into a real world experience. I am beyond excited to see what other opportunities I will have throughout the summer as I continue with my internship.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment