Monday, June 1, 2015

SPD Welcomes Intern Brad!



Bradley MorrisHello! I am Brad Morris, one of the Governor’s Public Service Summer Interns with the Indiana State Personnel Department. I cannot wait to tell you all about my exciting and very busy internship, throughout the summer.

Before I get too far ahead of myself, I should tell you a little more about me. I will be a senior at Indiana State starting this fall, Go Sycamores! I am pursing a Bachelor’s of Science in Human Resource Development with a minor in Psychology, and plan to graduate in May 2016. In addition to Human Resource Development and Psychology, I am also a certified Sustainability Leader.

I was recommended to this internship by a family friend. This internship attracted my attention because of the opportunity it provided to work with one of the largest employers in Indiana. It will also allow me to get experience with many different Human Resource disciplines across numerous agencies. So far, I have had the opportunity to attend various PeopleSoft trainings and started working on a tutorial addressing how to navigate the State Job Bank. In addition, I have been assisting the Employment Opportunity Fair at the Indiana Black Expo planning committee with compiling contacts and preparing communication materials.

Stay tuned for more updates,

Brad the Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment