Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Brad the Intern: Department of Corrections Pendleton



Hello Again,

This has been a very interesting couple of weeks.  As I mentioned in my last post, I have been working in the Pendleton Correctional Facility.  I spent most of my time bouncing back and forth between the Juvenile Correctional Facility and the Industrial Correctional Facility. I started my week by getting to tour all three of the facilities.  It was a great experience, and while slightly intimidating it was definitely one of the highlights of my time here. 

As far as the projects go, I helped to plan two career fairs.  I designed advertising materials, researched possible contacts, and finalized some of the finer details of the planning phase.  Also, I have been processing background checks for potential future employees, such as professional references and employment verification checks.  Another learning experience I had at Pendleton was the opportunity to sit in on a few employee termination meetings. Right now, I am working to finish up my final project which is to plan a few activities that will provide the workers here an opportunity to earn some Humana Vitality points, which feeds into the State of Indiana Invest in Your Health initiative: http://www.investinyourhealthindiana.com/  

All in all, I have really enjoyed my time here in Pendleton.  Tune in next time for my next adventure Brad the Intern: Department of Correction Pendleton. 


Brad the Intern

No comments:

Post a Comment