Thursday, June 25, 2015

Brad the Intern: The Department of Health



 
Welcome Back,

I am just capping off another adventure.  I have just finished a two week stint  with the HR professionals of the Indiana State Department of Health.  I was afforded the opportunity to shadow two HR Generalists who provide a valuable and high level of service to over 800 people. It was neat to watch, but that is not all I did!  I also got to join in on the fun and help with different business functions and projects.  I got to shadow several employee relations meetings, and help prepare candidates for hire in PeopleSoft.  

My main project was to conduct a comprehensive I-9 audit.  In simpler terms, I was in charge of looking at each employee’s I-9 form to ensure that they had included a copy of the proper identification to prove their eligibility to work in the U.S.  I then marked all of the people who did not have the proper documentation, and contacted them to obtain what information was necessary to make us compliant. I spent the last couple of days collecting those forms and rechecking to ensure that everything was completed correctly.  I also helped to move job descriptions to Sharepoint which involved searching through files, finding the files of interest, and organizing for easy use by Hiring Managers and the HR staff.

Needless to say, I have been kept very busy. Next week, I will be returning to Talent Acquisition for a week then I will be off on another adventure, this time to the Indiana Department of Correction's facility in Pendleton. 

Brad the Intern



No comments:

Post a Comment