Thursday, May 1, 2014

Whitney Goes to DCS

For the last two weeks, I have been with the Department of Child Services (DCS) and have really enjoyed getting to know the Human Resources Generalists here. It was a good two weeks! Some of my projects at DCS were: research of Exit Interviews and reasons employees leave; research of universities that have social work programs; signing up for career services accounts at schools and posting jobs to assist with recruitment efforts for Family Case Managers.

For my first project, I researched Exit Interview responses, and specifically why employees leave. I looked at these responses as a whole as well as by region. I identified the top reasons for employees leaving and put them into a spreadsheet with data tables. I also wrote a report of my analysis and how the exit interview could be improved.

My next project was researching universities. A position that DCS is constantly recruiting is a Family Case Manager. To help in finding universities to target for this position, I researched which universities had a social work or related degree program. After I researched which universities had a social work program, I went back to those universities and signed up for their career services site. I created accounts for the schools and the rest of my time at DCS has been posting the Family Case Manager position on these career sites.

Again, this rotation has been very beneficial. A great thing about this internship is getting to rotate and do so many different projects. I learned about exit interviews that are given to employees and I got a lot of recruitment experience in posting specific jobs to specific career sites. This internship has been great and I can’t believe it is almost over. I only have one rotation left. I will be going to Larue Carter Hospital for my final rotation starting Monday.


No comments:

Post a Comment