Friday, September 27, 2013

SPD welcomes Bianca Rodgers

Hello everyone, my name is Bianca Rodgers and I am currently a fall intern with the Indiana State Personnel Department. I will start by just giving a little background on myself. I am from Indianapolis and am currently in my senior year at the University of Indianapolis where I am studying Human Resources Management. At the University of Indianapolis, I am the treasurer of the Black Student Association (B.S.A.).

I learned about this internship through the University of Indianapolis’s career services. I had been searching for an HR internship when I came across this posting on my schools job bank database. After looking through the job description, I then submitted my résumé. I had been looking for an internship that offered me an opportunity to explore human resources and one that would be beneficial. When I went through the interview process, I became more interested because the internship offered me the ability to interact with the different divisions of HR and also to explore other state agencies. It was after my interview that I began to double cross my fingers for a wonderful opportunity. Well, luckily double crossing my fingers worked because I was offered a position, and after the moment I received the offer, I became eager to start.


Overall, my goal for the fall is to learn more information about human resources and gain hands-on-experience. I know having this internship will be very beneficial to me and the things that I will learn while I am here will be knowledge that I will be able to apply to future employment. I am looking forward with working with the other intern (Jon) and the representatives of SPD. 

No comments:

Post a Comment