Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Bianca Says Goodbye to SPD!

The past two weeks I spent  working with the Indiana Department of Child Services. During my time with the Indiana Department of Child Services I have had the opportunity to work on various projects. Some of the various projects I worked on consisted of employment verifications, completing background checks, and assisting in a retention strategy. Also during my time with Indiana DCS, I helped with the transition process of a new Human Resource Generalist.

As my internship comes to a conclusion I am spending my last week assisting the Department of Bureau of Motor Vehicles (BMV) with the implementation of the online performance management process. My project consists  adding selected competencies into PeopleSoft for each position within the BMV. Once complete the BMV will be able to launch the new process for completing appraisals via PeopleSoft (called ePerformance) making it easier for managers to complete appraisals from year to year and helps cut down on paper-based forms. 


Overall, I have enjoyed my time with the Indiana State Personnel Department and I am grateful for the experience and opportunity to expand my knowledge with the various components of human resources.  I hope you enjoyed reading about my journey. I highly encourage anyone who has an interest in human resources to apply for an internship with the Indiana State Personnel Department. If you are granted such an amazing opportunity you will be able to receive so much from this experience! 

No comments:

Post a Comment